Noosa Parks Association Welcome to Bushwalkers
Welcome to a Noosa Parks Association (NPA) walking activity site. Walking activities are offered to accommodate different walking abilities and enable participants to appreciate and share our beautiful natural environment in congenial like-minded company. Participants particularly enjoy discovering new areas in which to walk and our locals are very welcoming of visitors and newcomers. All walks are led by a volunteer NPA member who is familiar with the National Parks, Nature Refuges and Forest Reserves of the Greater Noosa-Cooloola Region.
Please remember to carry sufficient water and food for the planned trip. Wear appropriate clothing and footwear for the conditions. Carry a basic first aid kit, together with any personal medication. These items will help you to have a safe and enjoyable walk.
After three walks, and if you intend doing future walks, it is expected that you join the Noosa Parks Association. Go to https://noosaparks.org.au/membership/ for membership. Membership for a single person is $33 per year, while a family costs $55. Your membership fees go toward the running cost of the association (including insurance for the walking groups) and the purchase of additional land to be included as National Park. Please also refer to the https://noosaparks.org.au/ to find out more about the wonderful opportunities to participate in other environmental activities.
There are three walking groups to choose from:
- Offer up to 11 outings per year
- Can be a day walk, camping trip or backpacking adventure
- An email is sent out prior to each outing giving details
- Some walks may have a limit on group size and may not be suitable for all walkers. Please book your place with the walk leader and discuss any medical conditions you may have and your capacity to complete the walk
- The yearly program is published on the 2020 Cooloola Bushwalkers program
- The group is co-ordinated by Marguerite Wickens 0406 347 949 email@example.com
Sunday Walkers – Longer Walks
- Offer monthly bush walks within the Sunshine Coast and hinterland, the first Sunday of the month, from February to December
- Walks are generally from 10-16 kms in length
- The yearly program is published at 2020 Sunday Walkers Program
- Some walks can be quite strenuous, so please refer to the program, and check with the walk leader if you have any doubts with your capacity to complete the walk.
- A more detailed walk description including venue, times, walk conditions etc is circulated by email to the group’s distribution list, the Sunday evening prior to the next week’s walk
- This group is co-ordinated by Greg Schmidt 0403 172 195 firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday Walkers – Short Walks
- Offer monthly bush walks within the Sunshine Coast and hinterland, on the Saturday following the Walkers Sunday Long Walk
- Walks are generally between 5-10 kms long and are usually on even ground. These walks cater for people who are unable to do long and strenuous walks.
- The yearly program is published on the 2020 Saturday Short Walk Program
- A more detailed walk description including venue, times, walk conditions etc is circulated by email to the group’s distribution list, the Saturday evening prior to the next week’s walk.